Last year, the Education Foundation awarded over $20,000 in grants to teachers through this program. The Foundation is looking forward to teaming with you again this year to benefit the students of Lowell Schools through creative and innovative educational activities. The Lowell Education Foundation Board wants to especially thank the grant writers and encourage all staff to pursue grant requests in the areas of core curriculum enrichment, arts and music enhancement and technology enhancement.
Grant applications must be received at the Central Office to the attention of “Education Foundation Grants” by the end of the work day on October 10, 2017. The Education Foundation will notify all applicants if their application is approved or disapproved no later than November 1, 2017 .
- Each teacher is eligible for up to $750. Groups of teachers collaborating on a grant project are eligible for their combined total.
- This grant is for new ideas and materials. The grant is not intended to purchase general supplies or to fund regular classroom requirements.
- The Foundation does not fund grants for food or t-shirts.
- If you are unsure about your idea for a grant project, send it in anyway. The Education Foundation wants to support and encourage our teachers however it can. We want to give you our money.
- If you have questions about this grant process, please email Valerie Behm at the Central Office and she will forward your questions to the Grants Committee.
- Some previous years’ grants are featured on the Foundation here.
– If you have questions about this grant process, please email us.